FigJam files are being locked back down to View Only

1. Describe the bug/issue you’re running into?
When I move a figjam file from my drafts into a project file it locks it down to view only even though I am the owner of the file with no ability to change it.

2. Are you able to consistently reproduce it? If so what are the steps?
Yes, it locked me down on all my files (I have 3).

3. Share a screenshot, recording, console log, link to the file, etc.

4. Is the issue only happening in desktop app or a specific browser , or both?
Both

5. What OS/version and/or browser/version are you using?
Version 90.0.4430.85 of Chrome
Version 10.15.7 of Mac

Thanks for sharing this! I’ve passed this to the team

Hi @James_Jensvold! Thanks for flagging this for the time.

Could you let us know what role you have in the project?

@James_Jensvold was the issue solved? I am having the same issue. I can’t create Figjams inside of Projects. And if I do only as a Draft. If I import them to a project, I can’t do anything anymore, no name editing, no file editing just “View only”.

I don’t see any solutions here. This has happened to me too.

Hi all, I also have the same issue.

I’m owner of the Figjam file, admin of the organization and owner of the team and project where the file is located but the file is locked to view only.

Is there any official fix to this?

The same issue. My team share the file with me. At first, everything was oki but then I am stuck with the “View Only”. We’ve tried a lot of things but it didn’t work

Hi All, Team and I are having the same issue, would love to know if this has been resolved.

Also while in drafts having to re-open the 24hr session is annoying.

Hey There, same issue here. I’m the owner of a FigJam file and cannot edit it as it’s in a “view only” mode. Any news about solution @Alice_Ching , @Emily_Lin ? Thanks!

Hi,

Usually when users run into this issue their team’s Figjam Role is set to “Viewer-Restricted”, which blocks a person from editing team files. In order for you to edit files you’ll need to ping a team admin to upgrade your team role to “Editor”. The admin can do so by following these steps:

1. Open the team’s page
  2. Click on the team’s “Members” tab
  3. Find the user’s row
  4. Navigate to the Figjam Role column for the user. If their role is “Viewer-Restricted” change them to “Editor”

You can view the documentation here: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041061034-Billing-on-the-Professional-plan#roles-permissions

Please let me know if that solved your issue.

I am experiencing the same problems. I created a FigJam file in my Drafts folder and then moved it into one of my projects. As a brand new file I was able to edit it. However, once I created a shared edit-allowed link (using Copy Link) access stopped and it was view-only from then on. I am the owner of the team and the file is inside one of my projects so there should be no permissions issues.

Is there something I need to do to get around this? Thanks!

Edit: Just realized its a permission issue.

Just thought I’d mention that I’m running to the same issue. Draft → Team changes the permissions to view-only. This doesn’t happen for regular design files.

1 Like