FigJam connectors in Figma

That is just a tedious workaround.

We need the connectors feature as a First Class feature in Figma, so that workflow will be more efficient.

4 Likes

I definitely support this idea.
At the moment some people use expensive commercial and sometimes bug-prone equivalents to do this when it should be native functionality.
I have a commercial FigJam account but this is useful outside of FigJam.

Another thing I would like to be available in Figma design rather than just FigJam is the PostIt notes. I know they’re not a super complicated component and I could create something equivalent in Figma, but it’s annoying that I can copy and paste them into a Figma design file from FigJam but then can’t make them a reusable as part of a library when I use them in literally almost all my design files!!

1 Like

YES! much needed.

Please also make sure that these objects scale uniformly (including ARROWS & FONTS). This will allow me to scale back my flow diagram before exporting as a PDF (otherwise PDF is out of bounds)

Koen

:violin: My heart breaks!

Yes, would also love to see proper connectors fully supported in Figma. I’d love to spend all my time FigJamming, but let’s be honest, I’m not using FigJam for handoff – and handoff is the most important place to visualise flows for devs, innit.

Aside from drawing connectors actually, visualising prototypes with toggle-able connectors might make more sense from a handoff point of view.

But I’d like the option to draw them too.

Thanks FigmaJamMaJamJamMa, Inc. devs, we love you!

2 Likes

Remember to FigVote for this feature up top, y’all!

3 Likes

where is it?

Hey @thread, I made a plugin to do these boring pasting-and-dragging

Quickly-Add-FigJam-Connectors

Probably a temporary workaround before connectors officially being support in Figma files. Feel free to let me know if there’s bugs or anything.

2 Likes

I just stopped creating flows in Figma because it is such a pain. Instead I just have to verbally explain this during handoff. I know FigJam is a better tool for diagrams, but honestly I have no time to copy and paste screens (plus more maintaining with two separate files).

Just as there is Design/Prototype/Inspect mode, I wish there would be a Diagramming mode, so arrows could be “toggled” on/off

4 Likes

We can’t create component using FigmaJam connectors on Figma file either

I know you can copy and paste Connectors from Figjam, but what about something like that?

5 Likes

Please please please bring sections and connected arrows (preferably hideable) to Figma Design. That would eliminate the need for Zeplin. Sections and arrows make creating flows and organising design files way easier and more straightforward.

2 Likes

You can copy and paste arrows from Figjam to Figma and they work without an issue. Didn’t try with section, however, it would be nice to have them inside Figma as well.

1 Like

So I guess they will be live soon.

3 Likes

Named sections in Figma would be great for organizing related screens or a flow within a page. Zooming in and out would allow you to see the section name regardless of the zoom level.

CleanShot 2022-06-13 at 11.59.31

1 Like

Sections for design files would help organize them especially when diferent people work in the same file

1 Like

Hey @Nikita33,

We launched sections for Figma today! :tada:

We’re going to edit & merge your topic to ensure the team still gets your feedback regarding connectors & arrows.

2 Likes

@dvaliao Thank you, I love it! I did find one bug in setting x/y values of a section where it doesn’t move the contents (dragging the section works).

1 Like

Does this mean connectors are coming next? :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Not for me. First, they’re functionally limited. For example, you can’t group them or use text styles on their labels.

Also, adding them will trigger the missing fonts warning with an empty field (well, there is a comma there). Clicking the target icon highlights the connectors; that’s how I know they’re the cause.

I’ve also had times where they’ll disappear when creating a component or grouping other items on same page. Though, I admit I haven’t encountered this issue in a while.

So for me, it’d be great if they were first-class citizens in Figma files. :pray:

2 Likes

I’m so disappointed in Figma / FigJam for this inexplicable lack of functionality. This feature needs to come to Figma!

2 Likes