Features Accessed Via Spacebar Do Not Work

When I use the spacebar to access the hand tool the hand icon appears but freezes and can not be moved or to do it’s job. Also if I drag to create a selection box and then press spacebar it is supposed to let you move the selection box but the same symptom appears - the hand tool icon replaces the pointer as before but it freezes in place and can not be moved nor do its job. I’m guess that any other features that utilize the spacebar would behave in the same undesirable manner (I just don’t know what they are yet to try them since I am a new user).

That sounds like a bug, so please reach out to Figma support team via the support request form or support@figma.com and send some videos so they can figure out what’s wrong.

1 Like

I just found out it works with an external mouse but not with the laptop’s built in touch pad. I’m still going to submit a ticket though and they can use the info however they wish.

The only time I can think of when the Space bar won’t pan, is when the image is zoomed to fit to screen or smaller, but you say things are OK if you select the Hand tool from the Tools panel. So it is getting into one of those unexplained situations where it is time to try resetting Photoshop’s Preferences. Restart Photoshop, and immediately hold down Shift Ctrl Alt

Simply Test Your Spacebar Key Functionality at Spacebar Test Online Tool

1 Like

Use Spacebar + Alt

Had problem for many years. Add Fn button and it works!