Exporting GIFs in Figma

Hi there! I have some GIF files in my Figma frame for an email design. I made slices of everything, but I can’t find a plugin or a way to export the slices that have GIFs in them, as a GIF. Has anyone found a solution to this?

Oh! I forgot to mention I’ve tried using Rogie’s amazing GIF plugin, but it hasn’t seemed to work.

There’s this post here on how to download the orginial file from the Inspect panel: Exporting original GIFs

There’s also a related idea to export a prototype as a Gif here: Export prototype to video or gifs

1 Like

If you want to export GIF with some other content added around, the only way is to use “GIF Export” plugin. But you can’t use slices, you need to put everything you want to export in a frame.

2 Likes

Hello everyone,
I tried exporting a gif export pluggin, but after the download it turned into a images.
Can anyone help me with this?

1 Like

Hello everyone! I coudn’t see solution to my question so here i am asking it: I want to export frame with giff inside, when i try to do that with the plugin is exporting it frame by frame, and that’s not what i want. I want one frame with my giff inside moving :smiley:
I’m applying picture to try visualize what do i mean.
Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @Desislava1 ,

Check out our plugin below. We recently published the ability of exporting gif fills too :slight_smile: