Enter key navigates through prototype?

I searched for this issue, but only found enter key navigation in the editor, not the prototype viewer.

When viewing a prototype, the enter key appears to step through the prototype. Never knew this before as it’s not shown in the keyboard shortcuts. However, there doesn’t appear to be any control over the order that it steps or any way to disable it.

The issue is that we are doing unmoderated testing of a prototype that has some form inputs emulated. The testers are hitting the enter key, which causes the prototype to jump to whatever it thinks the first frame is (I guess - it’s always the same frame, no matter where the user is in the prototype flow).

I suppose the interaction makes sense when you have a prototype that goes in a specific order, but when trying to show how a real application could work, the flow is not going to be sequential.

We tried adding key bindings to the frames to have Key (Enter) > None, but that hasn’t solved it.

Is there any way to disable this interaction?

Hey, I have a similar issue on this.

We’re testing the keyboard interaction and after painstakingly making the prototype for days… we’re pretty surprised to see that at the end of the day, pressing Enter will move you from screen to screen; breaking our prototype flow. :man_facepalming:

Is there a way to disable it? Please tell us there is…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.