Embed videos, essential feature request

It would be great to be able to embed videos into Figma designs.

3 possible ways would be:

1. Upload a video (.mp4, .webm, .ogg)
  2. YouTube
  3. Vimeo

The lack of this feature is holding back more of my team from using Figma. With video there’d be more users on this awesome design platform.

5 Likes

youtube and vimeo already works. What’s missing is taking timestamp parameter into account.

figma is not a video hosting service :slight_smile:
normally you can host video elsewhere and point to it through iframe. Problem is I remark some iframes did work and now don’t work anymore Embed Regression ? I can't embed some iframe anymore :frowning:

I’m in agreement here. To be able to embed videos would be a big help – or embed a link and have it resolve to play in Figma.

We use videos a lot to help explain the process, design ideas and share thoughts.

Being able to include this directly into the designs/analysis would be perfect.

Video notes are very popular these days.

1 Like

I can’t switch my team from Adobe Xd to Figma because of this. The extermly complicated way to add video in Xd : drag and drop.
Nowadays, all websites have videos. Try to find an high-end trademark website without embedded video…
So that means that you can’t use Figma for working on website?
The autolayout is so good, what a waste…
I’m really mad…

2 Likes

Video would be such a great help in using Figma as presentation tool. Gif’s are not very efficient and the fan just goes beserk whenever I use a gif.

We use lot of video prototypes to communicate concepts and it is a bummer that we can’t do videos, though Figma is built for the browser / web.

+1 for this feature. would be extremely useful, especially for prototyping. Uploading natively to figma and/or embedding from third party platforms would be my preference. Thanks!