Easy way to change prototype connection starting points?

I want to change the starting points of prototype connections. For example, in the screenshot, I want the interaction I already set up between one frame to another, to start instead when I click on the arrow.

Is there an easy way to do this? Not sure if I’m missing something, but I haven’t been able to figure it out an easier way besides recreating the entire interaction from the new starting point.

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 2.15.49 PM

Yes, there is a way to copy and paste the interaction from one object to another.

1. Find the interaction you want to copy (or move) and hit Command-C or Control-C to copy (or Command-X or Control-X to cut). To ensure that it works, make sure the selected interaction is highlighted in blue as shown in the screen shot.

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 4.33.07 PM

1. Select the object to copy/move the interaction to (in your case, the arrow) and hit Command-V or Control-V to paste.

You should see the interaction with all the details copied over. Hope that helps!

Lifesaver! Thank you so much Nelson!

To those viewing in the future: I had a hard time finding out how to highlight the interaction in the side menu. You have to hover your mouse on the left margin of the line item until a tiny hamburger menu appears:

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 2.49.23 PM

1 Like