Delineate which styles are publishable in libraries

When publishing a library I have to uncheck styles that are not meant to be published, and I have to do it every time I publish. Sometimes I accidentally publish styles that were meant to help speed up my work within a file, but that were not meant to be a part of the library. It would be helpful to have an option similar to what I’ve added in the mock-up above. I’d like to be able to toggle whether or not a style is meant to be a published style.

On a similar note, it would be helpful not only to see which items have changed in the library when I publish, but also what has changed specifically about those items.

You can prevent a library style (or component) from being published by prefixing the name with a period or underscore. See https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025508373-Publish-styles-and-components#private

2 Likes

Thanks. That’s nice. Would still be helpful to have UI representation of this ability to hide styles and components.

1 Like

I agree. :octopus: :t_rex: :monkey: (10 char minimum!)

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! We’ll pass this onto our team for consideration.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.