Customisation of sizes in prototype

Hi everyone,

I’m relatively new to Figma and there are two ‘issues’ that I’m trying to solve with regards to prototyping mode.

Firstly, I’m trying to understand if it is possible to customise the zoom size of my designs in prototyping mode. At the moment I’m only seeing 4 options: 100%, fit, fill and width. When I go on ‘Device’ and click on Custom size, no matter what W and H i put in, my designs are really zoomed in, they’re to big and I just can’t see the overall design in one piece, does anybody know why this happens?

Secondly, when I go on ‘Device’ and click on any type of device, whether it be an iPhone or iPad or whatever, the same problem appears in the sense that my designs don’t fit the device like it should, they appear really big and zoomed in. I’ve tried different thing but so far haven’t managed to solve this, thanks in advance for any kind of help.

Thx!

Marcus

2 Likes

When you pick a design frame (iphone, ipad, etc.) you need to use the frame size that Figma provides by default. If you are creating for example 1000×3000 size for an iphone screen, of course it won’t fit as iphone screen is only 375×812 or something.

In case my answer doesn’t help, send screenshots.

Yeah I have a similar topic that addresses this issue Adaptive Preview

Preview and and sharing is really frustrating because it’s static and depends on the literal design dimensions instead of adapting to the screen window/device. It’s especially troublesome when remote user testing, where you don’t have control over the user’s testing device.

3 Likes

Thanks for the help! I’ve managed to size (although it takes me time i have to find some kind of short cut i think) my frames etc to the device sizes, so that’s not a problem. However, i’m still wondering if it’s possible to ‘custome’ size in prototyping? What i mean by that is if we do not select any particular device to size it to and we just decide to look at it in prototype straight away, is there a way I can 'customise the size myself, instead of only having the 4 options of: 100%, fit, fill and width. When I go on ‘Device’ and click on Custom size, no matter what W and H i put in, my designs are really zoomed in, they’re to big and I just can’t see the overall design in one piece. Does it make sense?

In the Device menu pick None.

1 Like

Yes that’ what i did, now i’m trying to see if its possible to customise to my own size/liking as there are only 4 options

1 Like

I was wondering if this was possible to do as my laptop is a Lenovo ideapad, and therefore not in the list of options of the different devices to choose from

These options will always be there, no matter which device size you choose. Why don’t these sizing options work for you? If you are making a website mockup, Width is usually the best option.