Could not search style name

There are about 200 colors in my style list. I guess the amount of colors is too large for Figma to search.

1 Like

It works on mine (although I’ve recreated these styles locally).

Had similar issue before, what helped was reducing the names. Try reducing the name of the styles (you could drop base_ from the colour name - seems redundant) and see if this helps.

Thank you for replying!
But I cannot delete “base_” from the color name for some development reasons.
I think you should add more colors to your style list (There are about 200 colors in my style list) and test again. I guess the amount of colors is too large for Figma to search.

1 Like

@AkaRyuu I’d be curious to hear what those development reasons are. Say you are handing over the colours to the dev tem, export them as tokens (take plain CSS variables) here’s how they going to look like (highlighted) vs the version i’ve trimmed down “base_” from the name (I’ve used CSSGen plugin for that):

I’d strongly suggest duplicating the file, trimming down “base_” from the style names and see how it performs, then can make the case to the dev team about making the naming convention leaner :slight_smile: (had a similar issue, talked to devs and it was no brainer)

Duplucated the file, ungrouped all the styles (excepting “light” & “dark” group), removed “base_” from the style names.
Still not working. Should be a bug.

Even if I ungrouped the root group (“light” & “dark” group), some styles are still not searchable.

The fun fact is, in the style file itself, everything goes well. But in other files that use this style file as a library, it won’t work.

I don’t hand styles to dev teams by Figma exporting, so the folder names are not that important. Yes, trimming down “base_” from the style names is a more standard way, but still it will not help me to fix the searching problem.

Got you. Are you able to share the file?

I don’t have permissions to view this file.

Oh, sorry. Use this link and please give me your mailbox.
https://www.figma.com/file/pWrZrBVwJhno7jqCGYBXRn/Design-System-Duplicate)