Figma Support Forum

Copy version history elements

It would be great if it was possible to directly copy elements from an earlier version of a document. Right now you have to duplicate the file to be able to access selection/copying.

Yes! I don’t use it too often, but when I do it would be so helpful to be able to select.

1 Like

Not sure if I understand your problem correctly, but maybe this plugin can help you: Figma - Frame History | The fastest way to save your work and look back at previous iterations. No more manual hassle - g...

You can use it to save versions of your work, and then there shouldn’t be any problem to copy elements from an earlier version.

Is that helpful?

From what I understand, you would use that plugin to start a new version history for a single element, which is not what I’m after.

My issue was that I deleted a bunch of photos in my file earlier the same day that I wanted back. To get them back I would have to open the file’s version history, duplicate a certain earlier version, open that duplicate, copy the old photos, paste them into my main document, and then finally delete the duplicate. What I propose instead is the option to select and copy elements when you’re in the version history “mode”. This way you would skip the duplication steps :slight_smile:

1 Like