Copy/Paste, Default SVG,Paste Here, and Right Click Menu

Copy/Paste just seems so laborious on Figma compared to the alternatives. I realize the shortcut is the same, I realize the functionality is the same, but it’s just not fun.

I guess the request is just have “paste here” and the default will be svg automatically in the right click menu without going into a secondary layer of copy/paste choices. Typically I want to wholesale move a frame/group as an SVG and usually it’s to another file/page.

Also, there’s no paste option when opening a new file without an artboard. You have to use the keyboard shortcut or on-screen menu, or start an artboard before copy/paste comes up in the right click menu.

I realize this request may seem ridiculous, but every time I go back to sketch I don’t even think about it, then I come back to Figma, it’s in the way for some reason.

1 Like

Hey @Eric,

Thanks for your feedback. Our team has been working hard to make copy/paste more predictable across Figma, and we’ve added three new features, including “Paste here”. You can learn all about it here!

1 Like

WHOA! I never expected anything to come off this, that’s great! Much better/more mature now.

2 Likes

@dvaliao

Can you change 1 thing… When you bring a paste in from anywhere, it goes to “the top of the list”. In sketch, when you post on top of an art board is will go into that art board. It’s SUPER annoying to have to go back and move that object/layer back into the correct artboard. Even using “paste here” doesn’t put it inside the artboard, just at the top of the list.

In short, if you’re pasting ontop of an artboard, it’s likely desired to “be in” that artboard in the layers list. Should be the default behavior.