Conditional variable to mute unmute video sound

Can i set a condition, that if true, video will unmute, and if false will mute. Im trying to create a prototype that when. player presses mute, and thenmoves to the next screen the music will remain muted

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I could’t come up with the conditional logic, but I tried creating a prototype that has similar feature with your hope.

I’ve set up Mute/Unmute buttons linked to a video with audio. When you press mute, the video will mute and vice versa. I’ve also connected this to another frame using Smart Animate - I’ve turned off the video state reset, which should allow the video state to be maintained on the next screen. I’ve included a video recording of this setup for your reference.

I hope this helps but please feel free to let us know if you have further questions!

Thanks,
Toku

Thank you for this.
In my case the next screen had a different video. So maintaining video state wont apply, as its. diff video. Any ideas?

Ah, I see. Based on what you’ve said, switching to a different video will reset the video state.

Unfortunately, I can’t think of an effective solution right now. You may need to ask your viewers to manually mute and unmute.

I’m just as interested in a creative solution as you are! I apologize that I can’t be of more help at this time.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions!

Thanks,
Toku