Component reacting to each other in calandar/appointment making

Hey,

I am working on a school assignment where we had to integrate a new idea into the Netflix app. I had the idea you can make groups with whom you can make an appointment to watch a movie with.

I have made a calendar for this (with only 4 months for now) and also the steps you go through to make the appointment.

To make an appointment I have an ‘add’ button underneath. But what I want now, is that as soon as you click on this button, it activates that you can select a date from the calendar, when chosen the date you get to see the next step (choosing the time). I want to make these steps as overlays that replaces each other.

The 4 months are a component set and so are the steps for the appointment.
I think the question for now is: how can I make the steps (that will be overlays) respond to the calendar?

Hopefully someone understands, don’t know how to explain it otherwise…

Language is Dutch on the screen by the way :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance,
Christa

Hello @Christa_Helling, Thank you for reaching out about your prototype! Your school assignments sound really interesting! We’re here to help in any way we can.

I want to make sure I understand correctly - is this question about overlay prototypes for Component 67 in the screenshot you provided?

If so, could you please provide more details about how you envision the interaction with that component? For example, clicking the box below the [Selecteer een datum] to open the calendar as an overlay for choosing a date.

If you’re seeking inspiration, here are some prototypes from our community that you might find helpful:

Feel free to explore our community on your own!

If you’d like to learn more about overlays, please check out these resources:

I hope this provides some insight! Please let me know if I misunderstood anything. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Additionally, if any other community members have insights or suggestions, please feel free to share them here.

Thanks!