Comments - Mark all as read in file

I think we should have a button that marks all the comments as read for that user, as we have under the notification panel from the home screen.

It really bugs me to see the red dot in the comments button and then click on each comment to mark them as read.

What do you guys think?

4 Likes

Totaly agree @Remus_Baltariu.
I’ve been on parental leave for a while. And can’t get rid of the red dot other than reading all messages.

1 Like

Most people don’t enjoy red badges. I certainly don’t.

Some Figma files that I work in have many, many comments that are unrelated to me, yet I still need to go through each one to remove the red badge on the comments icon.

It should be possible to mark all comments as read, to make this process less tedious and distracting. Forgive me if it already is!

1 Like

I totally agree with it.

Same issue here, I think I’ll have to live with this red dot forever… :cry:

The only way you could do this is by going to the homepage of your Figma app, opening the notification pane, and there you’ll have a Read all button.
There’s no other way, just this, which affects all the projects, not just a particular one.

1 Like

Just came here to mention that I also want this feature. The red dot isn’t useful at all if it’s always on.

My only work around: in the comments panel, click the sort button and then select “sort by unread”. Then you can just spam click the top comment in the list until there is nothing left.

I will add that this is not very fun or nice. Please give us a button for this, Figma.

1 Like

+1 it would be great to have a “Mark All as Read” feature/button option. We have a few teams working on our project and this would help with filtering out those that are no longer relevant w/o having to click through them all. This is especially challenging if you take time away from the project and are trying to catch up. Manually needing to scan and clear these takes away from the helpfulness of the tool

Yes please, most of the comments are unnecessary clutter in bigger teams (at least that’s our experience)

We’ve just launched a tool that will help you to manage your Figma comments in bulk, you can check it out here: https://comments.magicul.io. The tool is still in its very early stages, but feature like “Marking all as read” are going to be added soon.