Command Shift P keyboard shortcut alias for Quick Actions

Figma already has an shortcut alias with ⌘ + P to open the Quick Actions shortcut, which is normally ⌘ + / (Thanks!)

Google Chrome Developer Tools, Sublime Text, and Visual Studio Code use the ⌘ + ⇧ + P shortcut to show their Quick Actions pop-up.

Adding an alias of ⌘ + ⇧ + P to open the Quick Actions pop-up would make switching between dev and design tools a little easier for us Developer/Designers.

Thanks!

Do you want Shift + Cmd + P be the same as Cmd + / and Cmd + P? You can create a custom binding like this using tools like Better Touch Tool or Keyboard Maestro.

Yep! I do not currently have Better Touch Tool or Keyboard Maestro.

I usually would remap a keyboard shortcut using the bult-in MacOS remapping tool[1] but Figma does not have a Mac menu item to open the Quick Actions menu.[2]

[1] System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > App Shortcuts

[2] The built in shortcut remapper requires there to be a menu item for it to remap

That’s exactly why I suggested the apps above. They are great and would help you do much more than this simple convenience shortcut.

Update: the Figma Mac app added a menu item for “Quick Actions…” under the “Figma” menu.

I can now remap the shortcut with the built in MacOS remapping tool :slight_smile: