We’ve been having this specific issue lately.
At first, we encountered this error when we tried to share a figma file to a coworker. He said, at first day, accessing the full-size original image in figma was okay, but the following day, it didn’t work anymore. And it gave him this error when he clicks the link and it opens a tab in the browser:
“you don’t have permission to view this prototype.”
I am the owner of the file (so I assume I have 100% permission for that). Today I tried doing the same steps, and it also gave me THE SAME ERROR.
I thought it might be a bug. it’s a cropped image inside figma, so I switched it to ‘full’. I also removed the blur effect, removed all overlays etc. And tried the same steps, but still same error.
Here’re the steps that I did in trying to view original image:
- Select the proper image layer from the layers panel
- Open ‘inspect’ tab from the right panel
- switched to ‘table’ view from the default ‘code’ view.
- clicked on the link pointed in the ‘file name’ field.
- Ideally it will open the image in the default browser as a new tab in full scale.
I believe this is a bug. It also happened to other figma files as well, not only to one specific document. Please help.