Can Figma replace an image, like a linked file in Adobe?

Can Figma replace an image, like a linked file in Adobe? Eg. If I update the image in the project´s folder, would figma replace it automatically in the editable file? Is there something similar? Tks!

2 Likes

Hey @fernanda1 this isn’t possible at the moment. Figma brings images into the actual file, so there’s not a way to link to an image externally. I believe there may be a plugin though that could help with this.

2 Likes

Not sure if this is the same thing, but it would be great if there was a way to auto-update a placed image, rather than having to navigate back to the image location and going through that whole thing again.

2 Likes

@Josh would you have the name of this plugin handy?

I’m new to figma and I really wish to have this feature. Is there any plugin that can help with linked file yet?

1 Like

+1 for useful feauture!

2 Likes

+1 to this feature!

+1 to this feature! I could see my team completely switching from InDesign to Figma for a number of projects if this feature existed.

2 Likes

+100 for this feature. :wink:

2 Likes

YES! Figma needs to link to images so you can work in an FPO workflow. So you easily replace color corrected images (mins in Adobe work flow hours & hours in this ‘flow’). Plus, an ‘EDIT in’ feature to allow you to edit an image in PS/Illustrator & pop back into Figma with your edited file & ALLOW PSD to be linked in (why not?). PDF too, they need to placeable. When you’re dealing with 100’s & 100’s & images each month that change & need to be updated it become so time consuming. & the LACK of a real properties panel/palette is also a MAJOR issue. No quick way to inspect an image for distortion, flipped, what % the image has been place & a better replace & retain image sizing & cropping when swopping.

1 Like

+1 to this feature!