Broken shortcuts for non US keyboard layouts

As an Adobe XD user, I really want to fall in love with Figma - but here’s what drives me nuts and what makes me close it immediately.

For some reason, I am not able to use certain shortcuts such as “[” for bring to front or “]” to bring back an object. You see - these are crucial shortcuts in my workflow and I am not able to use them.

What I can do? I have a non-us keyboard. I tried all kinds of combination for shortcut but nothing helped.

I also tried to Google the topic… I asked here once, I even reached support but nobody answers or seems to have an answer for such an important thing.

hey @Tom_Caklos ,

Yes, some of the most usefull shortcuts are messed up on non-us keyboards.

Here is bring to front on my danish qwerty keyboard (Å), perhaps you can see if it works for you?

(the keys marked in blue (exclusive Shift, alt, and control ) are the ones that are different from the official Figma us-list )

I made a local figma prototype to help me remember the shortcuts, here is a list of the functionality that does not correspond to the offical list for me.

1 Like

This worked for me. While I have a slightly different keyboard from yours - I found the shortcut on the very same spot. Thanks buddy!

1 Like

Great Tom, I’m happy that it worked out for you :+1: :grinning:

1 Like

Can you clarify how you use this? I can see the blue keys on the keyboard but none of the listed shortcuts have a key combo next to them :sweat_smile:

Yes sure, I uploaded my figmafile, you can check out the prototype here:

I have listed the shortcuts that are different from us keyboard. Click the names to see the key-combo. I hope it works for you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey all thanks for the feedback here. We just launched the International Keyboard Shortcuts beta for German (QWERTZ), Japanese (Kana), and French (AZERTY). Learn more here on how you can participate

This is just the start in working on improving this area, but hope this helps. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

+1 please add the remapping feature asap. #germankeyboard

+ . works for me on a German Magic Keyboard (so right now realy magic ;-). Thanks a lot

I have found that cmd+. works on a DK keyboard too