An invalid image or thumbnail was removed

thanks!!! it was very useful!! :smile:

2 posts were split to a new topic: Issue with Photo Booth Widget: “Invalid image was removed”

I have two separate accounts and I am trying to copy files from one account to another. When I try to do this images don’t appear. I get “invalid image or thumbnail was removed”. I’ve tried to do some of the workarounds above and I have to say that are frustrating as hell when you have to manually especially when there are A LOT of screens.

Is there any other fix or solutions? I am using the desktop app and any help would be appreciated. This has slowed down the work tremendously. Getting beyond annoyed.

1 Like

Hello!

The problem is known since 2022 and I still had yesterday this issue. I was working 5 hours on a plan with topographic maps as jepg-files. All layers were made and all graphics. Everything worked fine without an error message. I was lucky to export an PDF file to document the problem, before I knew it. In the morning today, I was opening it in my account an all files were deleted. I did not get an error message!!!

If such a problem is well known since 2022 and we are now in 2024 - why is Figma not working on it?

At least give us an error message in time, when we upload an image into our Figma surface!

1 Like

Same thing is happening for me in both web and desktop app, for months now. I don’t lose images once they’ve been added to a document, just copying/pasting into a different file and getting the ‘invalid image’ message.

Only workaround that works for me is to Copy as png (⌘⇧C) from the original file, but it’s much slower doing it that way. Can’t believe this has been happening for so long, so inefficient!