Allow sticky notes to resize without maintaining proportions

I love to use Figjam to mock up diagrams and ideas. Using stickies are especially helpful, because they instantly have a clean format of a shape+text with good text properties (line height, font sizes, etc).

Currently though, there’s no way to resize a sticky without it maintaining its proportion.

I understand that stickies are supposed to be simple, but using advanced hotkeys like holding cmd+click and dragging the edge of the bounding box to ignore resizing rules doesn’t have any affect.

CleanShot 2022-09-28 at 13.18.12

Additionally, trying to use more advanced features by copy+pasting into a design file doesn’t help, because stickies are a special type of component object (purple outline) that can’t be detached from their main component to override properties.

CleanShot 2022-09-28 at 13.21.41

I’d like to be able to use stickies as a tool to draft things with the guardrails Figjam has in place, but then I want to be able to resize things as appropriate for whatever specific task it is I’m working on.

For example, I want to be able to make a block diagram of these stickies:

So I want to resize the green sticky with enough space to fit the gray stickies. There’s no way to do this currently without the green sticky becoming ridiculously gigantic, which breaks the balance of the diagram I’m trying to make.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.