Allow prototyping of nested frames

I’ve seen many designers mock up a flow inside a big container frame, and then have to move everything outside of the frame in order to create a prototype.

It would be really great if you could have a flow nested inside one big frame and create a prototype of screens within that frame.

It would probably require being able to identify a frame as the container to allow prototyping between nested frames inside of it.

1 Like

Aren’t you doing that when making interactive components?

There might be reasons for why you wouldn’t want an embedded flow to be a component, but it is possible to do.

So you’re suggesting every screen in a prototype should be a variant of a component? Doesn’t sound super easy, but might be worth a shot.

I tried this approach, but it doesn’t look like you can create “Navigate to” events within variants in a component. Maybe this is the feature request?

Judging by view of this request and number of likes, guessing either this is just me having this issue, or I didn’t describe it clearly enough.

1 Like

Isn’t this basically what you’re asking for?

Not exactly…notice that you can’t create Navigate To interactions between variants

1 Like

Variant interactions are called “Change to”, and they are effectively the same thing are they not? How do they differ from what you want?

I don’t think they have the same transitions

1 Like

Gotcha. That would make things easier if that’s what you need. I have managed with the limited transitions that component sets provide so it’s not been an issue for me.

I wonder if there’s a reason for why component sets only have the transitions that they do?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.