Allow Hover AND Click together

But how would you activate the click on the button to reach the next frame. The “mouse enter” is not helping here. I already tried it. My current approach is to create duplicate frames (one with hover/mouse enter) to show the hover on frame1, and then by clicking somewhere randomly simulating the click action on the duplicated frame.

I’ve seen the master-component solution for tooltips in their playground that introduces the interactive components, but … it’s making things really harder. To maintain the hierarchy (so overrides are still working) all variants would need to have the same nesting. But following the instructions in the playground I’m forced to get rid of the autolayout, which makes my design not as flexible as it was before.

I don’t know what figma could do. I understand that the overlay adds … another layer, which makes everything below that layer not reachable.
Still, I wished there would be an option. E.g. by making enabling a checkbox saying: do you want to use the description of this component as tooltip? And when I click yes, it just appears. No “open as overlay” connection needed at all.

6 Likes