"Adobe Near Deal to Buy Online Design Startup Figma" - Please no

Penpot looks promising, but still has catching up to do. Sketch is another option… In fact anything might be better than Adobe.

1 Like

Love ya bro, no homo

1 Like

So does this mean I get illustrator, photoshop, after effects with my figma education license? :eyes:

1 Like

i hope so xD

This thing looks like a total rip-off of Figma with some XD smushed into it. Not sure if I like this… How did they come up with the idea to just copy an existing product almost 1:1???

Literally Adobe goes against everything Figma stands for!

Figma

• Puts the users first
  • Great community
  • The team is fun
  • Focus on simplicity
2 Likes

8 Likes

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

No. Please don’t do that.

1 Like

When you look up the name of the company who released Pixso there are no google search results (BOYUN TECHNOLOGY LIMITED) so it definitely looks like a typical Chinese copy situation this time out of Hong Kong. I mean if they really re-coded a copy of Figma without any leaked code, kudos to the tech guys from that company. It imports Figma files properly, and everything looks the same, the icons, the layers, auto layout, almost everything is there.
But definitely quite shady to consider them seriously as an alternative, don’t you think ? The confirmation email when you sign up comes from boysun.net which has no website.

1 Like

My friend, who works as a developer, joked that designers should organize some crowdfunding and buy Figma from Adobe.

2 Likes

probably easier to copy it, like pixso did but less shady haha

it would be the pink to red they use on other layout apps. not the purple used for video

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha…
People that have never paid for Figma crying that now they’ll have to pay for CC are PATHETIC. With Figma’s pricing, you add two editors and the money you pay are equal to the full CC package!
And Figma maybe in the beginning was a community-driven application. Since they got the 50M bucks, they stopped listening to the users, look at this forum, remember uservoice?

1 Like

Totally NOT similar. Flash was crap anyway!

Why not just buy Adobe and migrate all their apps to the browser?

2 Likes

Figma have been the change they wanted to see in the world.
Adobe have changed the world in order to be seen in it…

At least we got Framer.

oh and if you haven’t already… check out Steve’s app tldraw.com

Oh man :') We are f***ed

1 Like

there are some people who pay… :point_up:t4: