Launched: Add support for RTL languages

I fell in love with @Figma but unfortunately there is no support for #Arabic language as I have many clients from the GCC countries such as UAE and Saudi Arabia .

i was very surprised what figma don’t have support of RTL languages. in a bad way. i love your product, but shame on you!

@Figma Any update? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

any word from @Figma ?

1 Like

please support rtl in figma and figjam

2 Likes

Yes please :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Someone in Figma must be a clown.
I just happened to try and work with RTL (Hebrew) and apparently I need a plug-in to do it. Is this company crazy? We’re in 2021 after landing on the moon, figuring out DNA and cloning sheep.
But, Figma decided that the one most basic things for any software, supporting the first languages in existence that are used by hundreds of millions (considering Arabic too), is not worth their time.

I sure hope someone in Figma reads this - because the issue needs to be escalated directly to the CEO. What a joke!

3 Likes

Arabic is the 5th most used language in the world, with over 420 million speakers. There are also over 100 million speakers of Urdu and over 9 million speakers of Hebrew. As designers and developers, we shouldn’t just leave hundreds of millions of users behind

5 Likes

I moved from Sketch & Adobe xd to Figma it’s a great design app, but
the difficulty in dealing with languages from right to left, such as the Arabic language, makes me rethink returning to these applications, where dealing with these languages ​​without problems and saves a lot of time in the design process.

2 Likes

any news on this?

2 Likes

As someone moving into a i18n project (starting to aim for arabic) a RTL update would be very welcome at this stage

1 Like

Hi
Please start supporting RTL languages
Thank you for your cooperation

@anon21722796

1 Like

Please fix the Right-to-left writing problem.
Figma and its features are not suitable for right-to-left languages, and we have to use plugins to solve these problems, which is annoying.

2 Likes

@tank666
Hi
I think after all this time, the Figma team is well aware of the problem of not supporting right-to-left languages
Figma and its features are not suitable for right-to-left languages, and we have to use plugins to solve these problems, which is annoying.

1 Like

It just doesn’t support it.

1 Like

there is a lot of designers who need to switch totally to figma but not supporting rtl language and Arabic specifically limits this chances , plz put this on track asap.

1 Like

Yes please! add support for RTL, I HATE Adobe XD :cry:

2 Likes

Hello, I love designing in Figma and not just for UI design.
I also use it for general graphic design because of how quick and fun it is to use. I do a lot of Arabic text in my designs so official built-in RTL support would be amazing :purple_heart:

1 Like

This is a must! I don’t understand how I’m still relying on plugins to write text.

Please Figma team this should be a priority!

I’ll just move my life into Figma once I can write Arabic without all the hassle.

Let’s be real, Figma is the real Metaverse. I just wanna speak my language in the Metaverse.

1 Like

Why Figma does not support right to left languages like Arabic?

2 Likes