LAUNCHED: Add 'Copy link' option to Sections

Really excited about the very recent “Section” addition to Figma!! But sad the main reason why I’d like to use it is to easily link to it (for example, in issues or Slack conversations). Currently, when I right-click a section, I’m missing a ‘Copy link’ option:

CleanShot 2022-10-25 at 18.53.18@2x

…as opposed to the options I get when I right-click a frame:

CleanShot 2022-10-25 at 18.54.48@2x

14 Likes

I was just about to make the same request

+100 :slight_smile: This was one of the first things we wanted to do with sections, seems like an unfortunate omission.

4 Likes

This feature is not useful enough if we cannot share links with other teams

Thanks @Kuka, this seems like something they may have missed. Selecting the section and then going through the share button works, but this right-click option sounds like a low hanging fruit.

1 Like

+100

The link exists in the “Share” dialog, this just looks like a UX oversight. Please add :heart:

3 Likes

Yes, please :smiley:

It would be nice to have the ability to copy the link of the entire section (new feature) like for the rest of the components / frames.

Copy the section link via the “Share” modal.

If you want to copy the link via the context menu, then please vote for this idea here: Add 'Copy link' option to Sections.

2 Likes

+100 :slight_smile: This was one of the first things I wanted to do with sections, seems like an unfortunate omission.

1 Like

@Kuka Select a Section and tap COMMAND+Lto copy a section link. You will get a toast saying “Page link copied to clipboard”. However, that’s actually your section link. It works for me!

It just seems like Figma didn’t:

• Add a copy link option to their right-click menu
  • Update the copy of the toast to confirm you’ve copied the section link to your clipboard.
3 Likes

100% agree - was just coming on to askthe same question. Being able to send a link out for a section is key!!!

100% agree with this. I didn’t understand how this got missed. Copying frames is a common method and aligns more with daily tasks. The share button is more for projects and inviting people to board. Hopefully this will get fixed soon.

yesyesyes! Odd oversight imho.

Ah, that’s a great workaround :grinning: Could’ve sworn I looked there and it didn’t say “copy link to selected section” before.

“It’s not like you CAN’T generate a link because if you click the Share button and select “link to selection” then it WILL focus the Section…”

But, Right-click will more convenient and useful.

Hey All,

While you won’t see the “Copy link” option by right-clicking just yet, you can copy a link to a section by hitting the “Share” button. You’ll see “link to selected section” as an option.

But don’t worry - we’re working to show “Copy link” in the right-click menu in a future update!

5 Likes

Seems to be working for me.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.