Add conditions to interactive components

I want to show to examples here. I’m sure that are ways to manage it with the current figma functions, but it is from my pov very cumbersome. The examples are showing a very reduced UI - but I hope the idea can be transported.

It would be great, if I could tell the listitem in the menu to which UI the content should be swapped once clicked.
With this reduced UI, I see that there is a possibility to create the behavior by connecting frames. But imagine that the properties are laying in a bigger window, more properties below that should NOT swap.

My second example is UI that is dependend from each other. In the image you see a treeview, each listitem have a hover/selected state.
In the scene, the meshes also have a selected/hover state. If Mesh 1 is selected in the treeview, it should get selected in the scene. And if Mesh 1 is selected in the scene it should get selected in the treeview.
My current way to deal with this is that while presenting I say, where I’m focusing on. So first I go through the states when UI gets triggerd in the treeview. On the second flow I focus on the scene interaction.
But for user testing this approach is of course not very helpful because it does not reflect the final behavior.

1 Like

One additional use case:
Depending on the content of a window, the buttons in the footer changes.
E.g. while in empty state the button is disabled. When content is inside, the button gets enabled.
Or if the button is bound to selection. E.g., you need to select an item in the window to enable the disabled button.

I run into a problem prototyping a situation. To give a context to the problem is as follows scenario:
I write my first name in an input field. I write my first name and then go to the second field to write my last name. I click and I see the caret blinking in the field. I change my mind and then click on the password, leaving my last name empty.
What I want to achieve here is that the placeholder display error when empty in the last name inputfield. (no mouse leave or mouse up or down int)

This would be useful for a calendar prototype.

When the user clicks a date, the date highlights (active state)and initiates an overlay keeping the calendar in view, when the user clicks another date, the date buttons act as radios, and the details in the overlay swaps view.