Figma Support Forum

Add color to text style

1. Add color to text styles. Why? So I can just apply a single style to my text and move on, Sketch does this. Having to declare a text style and a color style on a specific piece of text introduces an opportunity of inconsistency. Since it’s already separated you could also just not declare a color for a text style, but when I do declare a color I want that applies to the text style.

2. For instance I have a “body” and “text link” styles. All the properties are the same except the color. For both instances I have to declare both the text and color styles. Just combine them.

3 Likes

We need this desperately in our system. Voting up!

4 Likes

Agreed! I’ve been talking about this with my teammate. This would save time and increase consistency.

IMPORTANT ADDED NOTE:
Even if color is part of text style, we should be able to override the color without detaching the text style.

3 Likes

+1 on this!

+1! I totally agree.

Absolutely a necessary feature.

I disagree. This was one of the biggest pains in Sketch. We ended up having dozens of extra text styles just because of color… Having them separated out in Figma was a huge win for us. Simplified / cleaned up our Design System a lot.

If Figma added this, I’d want it to be an optional checkbox to: “Include color in text style”

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.