Add a more noticeable pages and layers demarcation

It is not easy to distinguish the pages versus the layers in the Layers panel. Could you add some subtle background color to distinguish between the two, and create a slightly larger horizontal bar between the two? And if keyboard shortcuts exist to expand or collapse pages vs layers I couldn’t find them. I need a fast way to concentrate on pages OR layers. Thanks much! Ben

2 Likes

Pushing this topic up, I have the same drouble. Users like developers who aren’t using Figma on a daily basis getting confused with the pages and layers demarcation.

The idea could also be to give the layer section a label similar to pages and the tools on the right hand side. At the moment are the layers the only section without a label (except tabs on the top where the layers are mentioned)

I suggest breaking out Pages into its own view, alongside to Assets.

With documents that have lots of pages, you are always compromising between showing enough pages or enough layers in the sidebar panel.

Also, because pages are hidden by default, they are not discoverable when shared with stakeholders, developers, etc.

@tank666 this is not the same thing.

i do want a separate page panel. i do NOT want more distinction between the pages and layers in the same panel.

making it a separate panel increases the demarcation between the two panels. it also allows it to be open at the same time as the layers panel, or as a tab in the same toolbar as layers and assets that can be toggled between.